Elgin Public Library is currently offering sidewalk delivery. Please reserve material by visiting elginpubliclibrary.org or by calling (512) 281-5678. We will notify you by phone when your items are ready for pickup. Once you have arrived, please call to let us know you are here. To ensure social distancing guidelines are being met, please remain in your vehicle until we have placed your items on the bench located in front of the library.
Beginning June 1st, we will allow a limited number of patrons to access library computers by appointment only. Each patron will have 45 minutes on the computer beginning at the time of their scheduled appointment. We are now accepting reservations for available times Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm. When you arrive for your appointment, please be prepared to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing for the safety of yourself and others. We ask that you sanitize your hands once entering the library. We will have hand sanitizer located at the circulation desk for your arrival.
The Elgin Public Library is on Main Street next door to beautiful City Hall at the northern end of the Historic District.
The library provides books, audio-books, videos, music CD’s, CD-ROM’s, large type, and e-books for all ages. Services include computers, free wi-fi, faxing, scanning, and copies.
A variety of free programming is available for children and adults with Literary and Cultural Events put on by the Friends of the Elgin Library.
We provide U.S. Citizenship and English as a second language classes.
- Read To Me for families with 3 and 4 year olds 2nd Tuesday at 5:30
- Story Time: Ages 2 to 12 Tuesday at 10:30 and Friday at 10:30
- Lap-sit: Ages Newborn to 2 Tuesday at 10:30 AM
- Home School Gathering: every Friday 10:30 - 12:00
- Arts & Crafts Day: Wednesday at 4:30 PM
- Adult Crafts: 1st Friday at 1:00 PM
- Afternoon Book Club: 2nd Tuesday at 2:00 PM
- Travel Club: 2nd Friday at 2:00 PM
- Family Movie Night: 3rd Thursday at 6:00 to 8:00 PM
- TGIF Movie: 3rd Friday at 1:00 PM
- Evening Book Club: 3rd Thursday at 6:00 PM